httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Apache FAQ
Date Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:22:09 GMT
On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > The Apache FAQ should be a primary resource for new users to find answers
> > to questions about Apache.  However, the current FAQ is rather difficult
> > to navigate.  To find out if your question is answered, you either need to
> > read through each of the 77 questions in the FAQ, or get lucky with a
> > search.  Dividing the questions into categories would go a long way
> > towards making the the FAQ both easier to access and easier to manage.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think.
> >

> I like it!

One positive response, and no negative ones, so I went ahead and
reorganized the FAQ.  I took a minimalist approach.  The only changes are
in ordering, numbering, section titles, and a few tiny formatting errors.
If anyone has suggestions for further improvements, I may be willing to
implement them.

I don't see any point in making a diff.  Since it is a large file, I have
posted it at
http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/FAQ.html
If someone would commit this, I would appreciate it.

--
Joshua Slive
slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca