httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kallen <...@gamespot.com>
Subject why reboot after win32 install?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 07:14:40 GMT

Normally a happy end user, I'm wearing my reviewer's hat writing a
piece for PC Computing.  So with respect to the win32 distribution:
After installation is complete (on an NT4.0 w/sp3 server) , we're advised
that we must reboot to complete the installation. Why is that necessary?
Aside from joking how _everything_ requires a reboot under windows, while
true too many times it isn't strictly true.  I don't recall having to
reboot after installing some other servers...

Also, any projection as to when the disclaimer about the win32 ports'
"beta" quality will be obviated?

Don't mean to ask pestering questions but I want to dot the i's on this
article.
thanks,
-Ian

--