httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Frontpage extensions under Apache 1.3.4
Date Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:30:59 GMT
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> By no strech of the imagination would I claim that any Apache code
> changes are necessary for this, but it's still interesting.

The saddest part about the FP extensions for Apache is that Microsoft
(well, or RTR; don't know who actually writes the code) could, if
they took the smallest effort, make them so much more usable.

As someone who is being forced to figure out why they work so badly
and make them work better for two bazillion users (especially since
each machine has a half bazillion vhosts and fp needs a httpd.conf file
to read all the time), they really annoy me.

Doing a strings on the fp binaries is enough to make me shudder.