httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/pthreads/src/main http_main.c
Date Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:31:47 GMT

There are no longer ever any calls to pthreads functions from any signal
handlers.  The only reason we ever had them, was for SIGTERM, which called
clean_child_exit, but clean_child_exit never should have had any pthreads
calls in it.  The underlying problem perhaps were stated incorrectly.  It
manifests in really any signal I guess.  It is because of the accept
serialization that was put in yesterday.  This problem has been resolved.
I think I just commited the patch, but I can't remember.  If I don't get a
message about it soon, I'll look into it.

Ryan

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 03:29:52PM -0000, rbb@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >   Removing Manoj's two patches from last night, because they go
> >   after a symptom, not the cause of the problem.  This is the first
> >   of a series of commits to fix the underlying problem of graceful
> >   restarts.  This is my first time removing a patch, so if I do it
> >   wrong, I'll fix it in later patches.  :)
>
> Huh? It's still the case that you can't make calls to pthreads from
> the signal handler. And I'm not working on graceful restart, I'm
> working on SIGTERM, which seems to be broken sometimes because of
> alloc.
>
> --
> Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
> IBM Apache Development Team