httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Thread abstraction
Date Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:32:17 GMT

The simple answer is yes.  We have in the works, a plan to implement APR
(name may change).  This would be a Portable Runtime.  One of the things
documented for inclusion, is the thread routines.  The Apache port is a
mess right now, because we are trying to get something working.  People
are working on APR when they have the opportunity, but as you can tell
from the cvs logs, there has been no committing for this library yet.
There is a document outlining the original (read not very good) specs.  I
believe it is in the apache-apr/docs directory.  IF you would like to help
flesh out those docs, or begin to implement APR, we would love the help.

I keep meaning to write the APRFile stuff, but I haven't had the spare
time during the weekends yet.

Ryan Bloom

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd