httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Signals for Apache-apr.
Date Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:02:33 GMT

We have run head-long into an annoying issue for Apache-apr.  On Linux
(2.0), SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 are used by pthreads.  Apache is currently
using SIGUSR1 for graceful restarts.  Obviously, this is a bad thing if
Linux sends it at times we aren't expecting it.  Does anybody have any
opinions for which signals we should use to by-pass this issue.

We have a few options.

SIGALRM    ---   This shouldn't really be used in Apache-apr, so it is
		 available.
SIGWINCH   ---   Used when you re-size a window	 for a terminal based
 		 program.  There is next to no way we will actually need
		 this for something else in Apache.

Any other thoughts/opinions.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com