httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: cgi-binary view lost?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:11:50 GMT
>I uploaded the cgi package 'view' to apache.org some months ago. Just in
>case the readme is lost, it is appended to this mail as well.
>
>I wonder what happend to it, as I can neither find it on apache.org, nor
>have I received any mail about why it can't be included e.g. in the
>contrib directory.

I deleted it during the cleanup for 1.3.4.  The reason it wasn't put in
the contrib directory is because nobody is maintaining that directory
currently (note the lack of anything interesting there now), and there
didn't seem to be any advantage to putting it there since you have your
own distribution site.  We can't include it in the Apache distribution
itself because we don't accept GNU-style licenses.

....Roy