httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc A. Saegesser" <saeges...@platinum.com>
Subject Re: Response buffering on Win32
Date Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:29:38 GMT
After spending more time in the source code I've got a better understanding
of the problem and I've also convinced myself that there really isn't any
way of shoe-horning the stupid Win32 I/O mechanism into UNIX style I/O used
in Apache.  The Win32 I/O subsystem is simply to limited.

The only alternative I've found so far is to make the client connection
unbuffered by calling

	ap_bsetflag(r->connection->client, B_WR, 0);

I've done this in mod_cgi.c and also in the Apache JServ module and I am
now able to get a continuous data stream from my CGIs and servlets.

This isn't a great solution, but if it is only done for Win32 platforms
maybe its tolerable.

Comments?

Marc Saegesser
--
The world has arrived at an age of cheap complex devices of great
reliability; and something is bound to come of it.