httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/pthreads/src/main http_main.c
Date Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:50:58 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > It really sucks you guys have to rediscover all this stuff I did for
> > apache-nspr.
> >
> > Stupid license problems.
> The new and fixed MSL is on  Aren't the license problems all
> resolved now?
> -Rasmus

I am way past the point of caring about NSPR. We should use the APR API
IMHO. If the new MPL allows, I'm certainly not opposed to using pieces
out of NSPR where it makes sense.

There are two pieces of the apache-apr tree. One is the APR work the
other is a pthreads hybrid HTTP Server. We've made a lot of progress on
the hybrid server. It works pretty well.

BTW, I'm not sold on the accept threads queuing work elements to a
worker thread queue technique in apache-apr. It seems to work pretty
well, but I'm not sure it is worth the complexity. We'll post some
performance numbers on the different techniques later. I have almost
completed the work to abstract out the whole mess into http_accept.c
anyway. I can change the accept model from using the queue to all
threads doing accept by changing a #define in http_accept.c.

Bill Stoddard

View raw message