httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_log_config.c
Date Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:34:32 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I don't recall there being a general consensus on deprecating
> mod_log_agent and mod_log_referer.

I see something resembling a general sense for this in the
nh.9708 archive.

> I seem to recall there being at least two of us that didn't see the point
> of putting RefererIgnore into mod_log_config, because the env control
> solves it just fine.

And there were several who wanted it maintained for compatibility.
I'm +0 on taking RefererIgnore back out.

> I don't see the point of an array that only ever has one element -- if we
> need multiple environment variables in the future we can get the code from
> archives.

All right.

>            I don't see the point of the "int conditions" when it's the
> same as saying "condition_list != NULL".

Good point.  Your original suggestion was to check for
nelts == 0, which meant a pointer fetch and dereference.

> I thought all these concerns were voiced when you posted the earlier patch
> for comments.

I don't think so.  The RefererIgnore one, yes.  The int versus an
array, yes.  You said you didn't see a reason for them, and I explained
why I *did* see a reason.  Since you didn't complain I figured
you were satisfied.  You also asked for general envariable handling,
so that went in, so the RefererIgnore stuff can come back out;
no one else seems to feel strongly about it.
--
#ken	P-)}