httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: version info at runtime
Date Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:37:10 GMT
treilly@livesoftware.com wrote:
> Is there a way for my DSO module to obtain apache's version numbers at
> runtime?  I'm trying to overcome the highly annoying fact that 1.3.2/3
> and 1.3.4 modules are incompatible by including two module structs.  I
> need to have my DSO work with 1.3.4 and 1.3.2/3 version of apache.

Dunno. One of the Apache developers should be able to answer.

> P.S.
>
> Does anybody else think it woefully poor form to change something as
> important as the module struct in a minor version rev?  It seems one
> of the most important benefits of DSOs got chucked out the window.

It was an accident, a bug. So it goes.... There has been a lot of
discussion on the list on how best to deal with the module structure and
versions and whatnot. I'm not sure whether they decided to leave it as
the 1.3.4 or back it up to the 1.3.2/3 style.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/