httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael H. Voase" <mvo...@midcoast.com.au>
Subject Re: mod_cgi and thread safety
Date Thu, 04 Feb 1999 05:34:37 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > Michael H. Voase wrote:
> > >
> > >            I know mod_include may need a chdir function
> > > sometime  in the future, but mod_cgi doesnt require it ..
> >
> > Erm, yes it does.  CGI scripts are supposed to be started
> > with the cwd == the directory in which the script file is
> > located.
>
> Well, technically you can ignore that and certain Windows servers
> do, ie. don't change directories.
>
> I don't recommend that, but it is possible.

errm - sorry my mistake -
"doesnt require a chdir" should read
"doesnt require a thread safe chdir "

( I should have elaborated here .. my
appologies )

also  "Only calls my by modules " should
read " Only calls made by modules "

I gotta proof read me messages better .. ;-)
Anyways now that the errata is out of the
way I can go back to lurking ...

Cheers Mik Voase.

 /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
 | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
 |         |            Phone +612 6562 1345 Fax +612 6567 1449
 |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
 |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Cause Linux Flies and Windoze Dies ... 'nuf said.