httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael H. Voase" <mvo...@midcoast.com.au>
Subject Re: mod_cgi and thread safety
Date Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:11:31 GMT
Gday,
    I dont usually reply to me own threads but
no one seems to have shot me down in flames
yet ( which is unusual  ;-)

As far as the chdir abstraction goes I segest
creating a second a second API function for
chdir using a thread safe method for functions
calling chdir from within the treads and leaving
the original ap_chdir_file abstraction
for forking processes that dont run in thread
space . BFIIK how to produce a working
thread safe abstraction of chdir , considering
that one will be delving deep into the roots of
unix architecture to pull off a stunt like this .
As such this is outside the scope of my
humble capabilities ...
( maybe worth nagging the thread
implementors about ??? )

Cheers MikVoase.

 /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
 | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
 |         |            Phone +612 6562 1345 Fax +612 6567 1449
 |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
 |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Cause Linux Flies and Windoze Dies ... 'nuf said.