httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael H. Voase" <mvo...@midcoast.com.au>
Subject mod_cgi and thread safety
Date Wed, 03 Feb 1999 05:49:58 GMT
Gday,
    Ive been testing out mod_cgi here under linux threads
and I cant fault it . It seems to behave well as it is and I
think the problem is with functions calling chdir from inside
the threads . If anyone wants to give me some
exapmles of where it dies , I'll be happy to look into it
further . The API abstraction for chdir will benefit the
modules and processes running within the server threads ,
however this doesnt seem to affect mod_cgi ( on linux
anyway  ;-).

Cheers Mik Voase.

 /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
 | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
 |         |            Phone +612 6562 1345 Fax +612 6567 1449
 |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
 |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Cause Linux Flies and Windoze Dies ... 'nuf said.