httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <martin.krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: 1.3.4 win32 installer problems
Date Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:16:29 GMT
ISTR to have had the same problem on WinNT 4.0 SP3.
One mistake I must have made is this: I uninstalled the previous version and
then installed 1.3.4, without having rebooted the machine. Plus, I didn't
manually terminate the apache service before I uninstalled, leaving the service
in a semi-open state (running but deleted?).

I had to uninstall / fix services / reboot / install / boot several times until
all files were there and the server was running again.

I guess that auto-stopping the apache service during uninstall, and forcing a
reboot (if that's the only way to get rid of some files/dll'd) should be the
task of the installer, not the user's.

I didn't try to reproduce exactly what went wrong (it was enough work to get it
actually running again), so my observations after the fact may be imprecise.

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products