httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Parzygnat" <kp...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Problem with <Directory proxy:*> and ap_os_canonical_filename()
Date Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:30:11 GMT

> I'm now starting to think that the correct behaviour in the case of an
> invalid name is to just return it unchanged. If it's actually used to try to
> open a file later it will fail at that point.

Yes.  This is basically the same attitude I took with the Win32 version of ap_ocf.
It's whole intent is to get the passed in string into some "expected format" without
regard to validating the name.
So really, the Win32 verion will convert '\' to '/', and strlwr the string and that's it.

There is also some code in to handle some Win32isms like trailing '.'s and long name
alias's, but overall the idea is to keep it simple.

Ken Parzygnat
email: kparz@raleigh.ibm.com