httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET>
Subject Configure issues
Date Sun, 03 Jan 1999 19:01:19 GMT

Playing on AIX today...

We have an issue on AIX where _LONG_LONG needs to be defined when
including certain files for AIX build. This can be done by adding flag
-qlonglong if using the native compiler. The simple solution is to add
-D_LONG_LONG to the CFLAGS for this os, which would handle this case
for both gcc and native compiler.

However, this brings to my attention that we are processing OS
specific stuff first in Configure first. It would have been easy to
deal with this if we processed OS specific things last after setting $CC

Are there reasons we are not massaging the OS specific stuff last?

View raw message