httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Dec 30 23:45:18 EST 1998
Date Sat, 02 Jan 1999 01:12:56 GMT
According to Martin Kraemer:

>  On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 07:58:57PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >
> > I think January 2th is too quick for rolling the tarball.  There are still
> > things in the queue which a little bit more time (a few days).
> >

>  I agree. The mod_negotiation patch is a great improvement, but the dust
>  should IMO at least settle for a few days before we can release the
>  tarball.

I agree... we should not rush the release of 1.3.4.

At the very least we should resolve all current stowstopper problems
and I'd wish that we can agree on a binbuild solution _before_ we
release a new Apache version (most of our current binary tarballs
are outdated!).

Apart from that we've a bunch of nice 'available patches'. IMHO
some of them are worth beeing added to 1.3.4, especially the
hash table patch for mod_rewrite (I've not committed it yet,
because Ralf said that he'd like to review the patch).

Unfortunately I won't be able to act as release manager between
01/04/99 and 01/21/99 (approx.), because I'm moving to
munich (new job and all that stuff).

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                        - The most useful program will be
sfx@unix-ag.org                   - continually improved until it is useless.