httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: ETag bug in apache (fwd)
Date Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:06:36 GMT
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > 2) a PR a few months ago described how Set-Cookie: headers are not sent back
> > when 304 redirects are issued.
> > This prevents a page from issuing a cookie and doing a redirect at the same
> > time.  There are numerous code examples submitted that fix the problem, yet
> > its not in the apache1.3.4 base.  How'ze come ?
>
> Huh? I'm 90% sure I do this under mod_perl - is that a special case?

Works fine for me under PHP as well.  A little test to prove it:

http://www.lerdorf.on.ca/ct.html

That sets a cookie called CookieTest and redirects you to ct2.html which
dumps out a bunch of info.  If you scroll down to the bottom you will see
a section called PHP Variables and the CookieTest cookie shows up there.
You will also see it right at the very bottom in the HTTP Headers
information box.

-Rasmus