httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Deacon <dea...@sirius.infonex.com>
Subject Timeout Problems with Port from Sun to Linux - Apache
Date Tue, 05 Jan 1999 00:31:28 GMT
Hello,

We have been getting great results from our web server ever since we used
Apache.  We implemented several of our own modules with Apache and they
worked well on our previous system (SunOS) but when we ported them to
Linux we were experiencing some problems.

We created a directive that imposed a delay on downloading web pages
for some of our non-customers but when we tried to implement the delay
we consistently got "Document contains no data".  We turned off teh delay
and the problem went away.  I know Linux has some differences with
timeouts and signal handling versus SVR4 but was wondering if anyone was
familiar with this problem or port.

Thanks in advance

Phil Deacon
Programmer - Infonex Inc.