httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject ETag bug in apache (fwd)
Date Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:52:43 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dietz, Phil E." <PEDietz@West.com>
To: "'dgaudet@apache.org'" <dgaudet@apache.org>
Subject: ETag bug in apache
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:11:03 -0600

Hello,

1) I found that apache1.3.X does not parse Weak ETags correctly.

Comparing W/123456 and W/7890AB, apache 1.3.x matched them because of a bug
in ap_find_token().
Apache1.3.x matches the first W and then returns, instead on continuing to
the next token.

I have a PR filled out but it's been 1.5 weeks and have yet to hear from
anybody.  This is a serious bug in my mind.
Apache is serving 304 status instead of graphics that have been updated
since your browser last visited.

2) a PR a few months ago described how Set-Cookie: headers are not sent back
when 304 redirects are issued.
This prevents a page from issuing a cookie and doing a redirect at the same
time.  There are numerous code examples submitted that fix the problem, yet
its not in the apache1.3.4 base.  How'ze come ?

3) I have some changes for mod_cgi that I would like to submit into Apache.
Who do I notify ?

Thanks.
Phil Dietz