httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: why not log request time?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 1999 02:11:52 GMT
Dude, why the hell did you use such a lame format??  A simple record
seperator would have been sooooooo nice!

Anyhow, that's the reason that I've always seen used for the silliness of
logging the current time rather than the request time.  If it's not the
real reason, then lets change it.

I suspect another reason is that dumb log programs wouldn't like to see
vastly out of order times... which is what you'd get logging the
request_time (also what you get with BUFFERED_LOGS).

Speaking of logs, and digressing again, did the freebsd folks stop
defining BUFFERED_LOGS in their port?

Dean