httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Mon, 04 Jan 1999 23:03:21 GMT

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Yea, I don't know that this is a good thing to do by default either.
> However, I keep running into situation after situation where something
> screws this up.  Perhaps the code I'm dealing with is too horrible, but
> I really don't think that is the case.
>
> I would go for a compile time (yuck yuck, compiletime bad) or runtime
> config option to enable a "reset alarm and handler" call at the end of
> each response, but default to off.

My other suggestion would probably work better though -- use SIGUSR2
between parent and child, and stick in a SIGALRM handler which logs "hey
there, wow, I got a SIGALRM, you've got a screwed up module!"  Then you'll
find out if in fact you do have the bug.  (And if you install the handler
with SA_RESTART then you don't even need to fix up anything.)

Dean