httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject mod_rewrite internal redirect outside htaccess files
Date Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:14:47 GMT
I want mod_rewrite to be able to do its internal redirect hack without
having to put my config in a htaccess file.

Right now, to configure a mod_rewrite rule to rewrite to something that
isn't on the filesystem (eg. a servlet) you have to use a htaccess file
since that is the only way to get it to use an internal redirect.

It would be nice to have an "internal-redirect" flag for RewriteRules that
would do the voodo necessary to activate the handler...

(just in case someone feels like hacking on mod_rewrite before I get
there...)