httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: 1.3.4 tarball available
Date Tue, 12 Jan 1999 01:14:52 GMT
>Is this just a sanity check compile, or is there a test procedure? Can
>anyone provide input?

It is a "test as much as you desire" procedure, with a sanity compile
being the minimum.  Mostly what we want to know is if it breaks your
own configuration, since it has already been tested on the common ones.
People whose business depends on Apache would be wise to do a thorough
test, and it gives 3rd-party module developers a chance to get their
builds done and published before the clammer.

>FWIW, no warnings and no problems seen on RH5.2/Linux/Intel standard
>system. (I've seen a report for 5.1, but 5.2 is a bit different.)

Thanks.  Don't worry about posting to the list -- that's the way we
like it.

.....Roy