httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Cohen <jos...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Suggested patch for unkown methods in <Limit>
Date Sat, 09 Jan 1999 02:50:47 GMT

There's no reason to do that since the changes are totally
compatible.
Even besides that, its always important to be able to identify
an unknown entity.

> No way.
>
> We can do that across a major rev.  Not a minor rev.

So in the mean time, Apache remains a poor choice for a DAV server
since its impossible to have the most common and useful security setup.
You can't make something publicly read only and read-write for its
owners...