httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cransto...@aol.com
Subject Re: incorporating? (was: Copyright & donating code)
Date Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:56:02 GMT
In a message dated 1/26/99 4:13:25 PM MST, fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu writes:

<< Ugh, talk about mixed metaphors.  The simple answer is that we know what
 we are doing, why we are doing it, and how to turn an army of lawyers
 into puppy chow if that were ever needed.  However, people with armies of
 lawyers have enough sense not to interfere with Apache -- the corporation
 is to protect us against pipsqueeks with one lawyer and a serious attitude
 problem.

Obviously you've never been sued, or for that matter deposed. I'd check those
NPO docs if I were you.

You don't know what you're doing and that is evident from the tone of your
reply. If you were a lawyer you'd know better than to make those kind of
remarks, stick to what you know best, you're a programmer with a Ph.D. not a
lawyer!

...........Peter J. Cranstone