httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <ito...@kame.net>
Subject plans for IPv6?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:54:56 GMT
	If this is off-topic for this mailing list, please forgive me.

	My question: What is the plans for IPv6 support in apache?

	I got IPv6-enable patch for apache 1.3.2 at
	ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/, and I would like to supply patch
	against current CVS snapshot if needed.  However, the "rule of thumb"
	for IPv6 support is to eliminate struct in_addr (or u_long for IPv4
	address) and use struct sockaddr_storage (defined in
	draft-ietf-ipngwg-bsd-api-new-05.txt) throughout the source code.
	In IPv6 support patch I may have changed some of important structures
	in core apache source.

	So, I would like to know opinions/status/plans/whatever from apache
	implementers.  Thanks!

itojun@kame.net