httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: Testing/Validation
Date Wed, 06 Jan 1999 18:31:58 GMT
At 06:21 PM 1/6/99 +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> The idea is to test and validate the configuration.
>> This would include feature testing.
>> Right now I'm looking for any tools that currently exist.
>> Even generic tools that are not Apache specific.
>expect ?
>wget + diff ?

That's a poor excuse for a response, Fabien.

A testing tool has been talked about since 1.0 days, but no one's really
come up with one.  Most likely it's been because we've relied upon our
users to do our testing for us... but it would still be nice to have a
suite that checked some basic functionality before we do a release, like
Perl's "make test".  A framework for test conditions and results would
allow one to be written in iterations.  Anyone else interested in this?

History is made at night;
  character is what you are in the dark.

View raw message