httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p.fumaga...@fumagalli.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Sun Jan 17 23:45:14 EST 1999
Date Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:16:25 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken Coar) wrote:

> Help:
> * should trap ^C when running not-as-service and do proper shutdown

IMVHO, this should be done, in fact our mod_jserv kills the Java Virtual
Machine executing JServ only when it gets a proper shutdown (and the
pool
is destroyed).

Under WinNT it's easy to track it, in fact one could kill the JVM w/
the Task Manager, and the service works properly, but under Win95, where
services are not available, when one issues a CTRL-C, the JVM remains
open and BOUND to network ports, so preventing a new JVM to be created,
and resulting in a ton of error-messages to be generated (moreover, if
someone wants to stop-start the JVM, if something changed in, for
example,
the JServ classes, this cannot be done...)

It's an easy-easy patch, if you want I can make it (even if my C is a
little bit rusty now :-)

	Pier - Java Apache Project
With 250,000 + employees at IBM , a few think they can create the
perfect UNIX. I keep saying Linus has......       someone@ibm.com