httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanc...@apple.com>
Subject Bug with graceful restarts?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:40:37 GMT
  I just got a bug report that after doing several "apachectl
graceful" restarts (while fiddling with and testing the config), the
server eventually dies. In at least one case this is accompanied by
one "apache: [<datestamp>] [warn] long lost child came home! (pid
<#>)" error message logged to the apache "error_log" file for each
apache daemon.

  This apparently never happened with 1.3.3; started with 1.3.4.

  Has anyone else seen anything similar? I'm curious as to whether
it might be specific to Mac OS X Server.

	-Fred