httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: apache non-regression test proposal
Date Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:33:25 GMT
On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 02:20:18PM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Proposal for ANTS (Apache Non-regression Test Suite;-):

I think a lot of this can be provided with expect, with some extra Tcl
code for socket handling. If we're talking about the basis for a test
suite. expect is a good candidate. Now of course, writing the tests is
the hard part. There are lots of options to test, and the cases that
break seem to always be the ones that would be the last cases we would
think to test for!

> Also, suggestions about the what the options should/could look like and be,
> from a syntactic and semantics point of view, are welcome.

If we're talking about something generic enough to apply to protocols
besides HTTP, I think this would get waaay too complicated, at which
point using real code would be faster and easier.

"I mean how can a punk be cyber?" - Bruce Sterling