httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: Hosting case-sensitive httpd on case-insensitive filesystem
Date Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:25:03 GMT
I always thought MacOS (assuming a lot here) serialized
the data file, so that 'Fileone' and 'fileone' would become:

fileone and fileone.1, respectively...

If Apache's data creation routines do not care AND the
OpSys doesn't help one way or the other, then you will have
data files being over-written all over the place...

A safe bet would be to expect the worse case.

PS - How will 'the kernel' guys know on a per-directory
basis which OpSys the mounts are from?  Are they looking at
NFS-style mounting?  Appletalk-style mounting?  SMB mounts?

It would be tricky, but not terribly unportable, IMHO...

Does that help you?  :]
Bill Jones  | FCCJ Webmaster |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster
 http://certserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37EFC00F