httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Shell script stuff...
Date Sat, 16 Jan 1999 14:34:55 GMT

In article <199901161352.IAA12957@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
>> Not acceptable? But I hope you speak not about APACI code. AFAIK there not a
>> single test expression inside APACI where which isn't already secured by the
>> kludge, right? Inside APACI your changes should be really just cosmetic
>> changes related to the "." vs. "x" style, right?
>>

> Actually, it think it's right in ./configure where we handle shared
> modules where we have things like if [ $share = yes ]; then and
> if [ $module_so = no ]; then :(
>[...]

Yes, whenever I left out the dot those are the cases where I can be sure that
I set the value explicitly to a fixed string _and_ unconditionally or at least
with a correct initialization followed by a conditional change. So there the
securing-kludge is not needed.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com