httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/helpers GuessOS PrintPath TestCompile binbuild.sh buildinfo.sh checkheader.sh find-dbm-lib findcp
Date Sat, 16 Jan 1999 14:32:37 GMT

In article <199901161402.JAA12983@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
>> Oh friends, now we've already three all-in-one patch rounds which also affect
>> the APACI code and this makes me _NO LONGER_ happy. Because every patch round
>> will introduce new problems. I've no problem with "x$x" instead of my
>> personally preferred ".$x" when Jim really wants this,

> I wish people would learn to read. I SAID I had no f*cking preference
> how we do it, for the simple and singular reason of not upsetting
> Ralf. I really wish you would stop saying that using 'x' is the
> way Jim wants it when the honest fact is that the VAST MAJORITY of
> the shell scripts out there use it.

Sure, what I meant by writing "when Jim really wants this" was not "when Jim
really wants this `x'". I meant "when Jim really wants to do this cleanups
[and use `x' there]". Sorry when my words offend you. I've no problem with the
cleanups you want to do, as I said. I'm just unhappy of the occured
side-effects and the ping-pong commits resulting from the (reasonable) veto by
Dean...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com