httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: apache 1.3.3 layout compatibility patch
Date Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:07:16 GMT

In article <199901140900.KAA21448@blonville.caii> you wrote:

> I'm wondering why no backward compatibility with the apache 1.3.3 layout
> seems to have been provided with 1.3.4. The 1.3.3 layout seems to look
> like the --with-layout=GNU --prefix=/usr/local/apache but without httpd
> being appended to most directory names. The httpd is told to come from the
> --target option, but I could not set it to nothing. Moreover the target is
> used both for the directory name and for a file name.

That was by accident because the checks in APACI where changed to use the
target name but we forgot that in the past the implicit target name was
"httpd" but the check was already done for "apache". So, instead of adding
such a compat section I think it's more useful to fix the problem. I've posted
the patch as a reply to the other related posting.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com