httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Sliger" <c...@reliant.com>
Subject Testing/Validation
Date Wed, 06 Jan 1999 16:51:48 GMT
Brian,  Thanks for the invite.
The idea is to test and validate the configuration.
This would include feature testing.
Right now I'm looking for any tools that currently exist.
Even generic tools that are not Apache specific.
-chaz
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@behlendorf.com>
Hi.  Great to hear that Sequent will be using Apache!
I think the thing to do is go to the Apache developers list
(new-httpd@apache.org) and announce an interest in working on a test suite.
 As far as I know, there is no proper test suite already in existance,
though I know IBM has offered to help build one.
There is a very simple benchmarking utility that can be used if you're
mostly just interested in testing performance under load, rather than
feature testing everything.  It's in utils/ab.c
	Brian
At 04:07 PM 1/4/99 -0800, Charles Sliger wrote:
>Brian,
>I'm currently working with Sequent on a release of the Apache server.
>I've been hired to help put together a testing/validation suite for
>the server.  The idea is to have as automated a process as possible to
>test a server installation.  Your bio on the Apache web site states
>that you focus on testing.  We would like to know if you would share
>with us any test suite that the Group is currently using.  We would be
>very interested in working with you to produce a validation suite that
>the Group could make available to the user community.  Please let me
>know what is available and whether you think the Group would be
>interested in such a project.
>
>-chaz  503-642-5051  chaz@reliant.com
>
>PS:  You have a bad email address in your bio on the Apache site:
>     brian@c2.net

History is made at night;                         brian@hyperreal.org
  character is what you are in the dark.