httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configure issues
Date Sun, 03 Jan 1999 19:44:57 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> Playing on AIX today...
>
> We have an issue on AIX where _LONG_LONG needs to be defined when
> including certain files for AIX build. This can be done by adding flag
> -qlonglong if using the native compiler. The simple solution is to add
> -D_LONG_LONG to the CFLAGS for this os, which would handle this case
> for both gcc and native compiler.
>
> However, this brings to my attention that we are processing OS
> specific stuff first in Configure first. It would have been easy to
> deal with this if we processed OS specific things last after setting $CC
> etc.
>
> Are there reasons we are not massaging the OS specific stuff last?

Well, there are actually 2 places where we handle OS specific stuff. The
top part is for generic items. The later part (around line 1217) we
can make some adjustments depending on various Configuration issues.
At this point, we also know which compiler we're using so we can
do that here (as we do with HP-UX for example).