httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [APR] Universal return syntax
Date Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:36:32 GMT
Dean Gaudet writes:
>I don't see the point, most of the string operations have no failure code
>to diagnose.

Routines that never have exceptions ought not be charged the tax of
the in-line exception hand waving we must pay now that we have
forsworn longjmp, thread destruction, and all the other fun
exuberant operations.

You have to default to the worse case more often than you'd like.
There is always that other platform that can has an error in this
operation.

API design is too hard and too slow, let's write it in Perl or SNOBOL!

 - ben