httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Terbush" <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: PATCH: Add Mac OS X Server Layout file layout
Date Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:08:21 GMT
However, if we include them in a known place, it would not be
hard to extend configure
to identify the platform and default to the vendor layout. I
would think this better than to have a whole bunch of
config.whomever files in root.

As a third party module vendor, I would prefer that the OS
vendors register their prefered layouts and then I can build
custom for each platform. This config.layout file becomes another
nice way to gain some contact with the respective OS vendors as
well.