httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Terbush" <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject FW: Help!
Date Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:46:22 GMT

Not acked.

I'm not currently aware of an issues with different crypt() libs,
etc. Are there?

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer Webb [mailto:webb@ultranet.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 1999 10:35 AM
To: apache@apache.org
Subject: Help!

I have a need for the htpasswd program to run under NT.  Here is
my
situation:

I have a web site being virtually hosted on a UNIX box running
Apache.
My ISP will not give me a shell account so I can run htpasswd,
and
control my site access.  This is unacceptable to me.  If I had a
version
of htpasswd that can run on my computer (NT) I can then FTP the
appropriate files onto the site, and I would have all the
control.

Can anyone help??  I think this a solution that many people would
be
interested in.

--
-Spencer Webb

http://www.ultranet.com/~webb

Work:      Spencer.Webb@dtccom.com
           DTC Communications, Inc.  +1-603-880-4411
Personal:  webb@ultranet.com   webb@alum.mit.edu

"The world is definitely not going wireless; there are plenty of
wires.
It's just that more and more of them are going to antennas." -SW