httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron <aar...@divinia.com>
Subject Re: general/2615: Set-Cookie not sent with Redirect response
Date Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:36:56 GMT
On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> My lazy answer is that the CPAN CGI module sends cookies with redirects,
> and they work. The non-lazy answer is RTFR (Read The F***** RFC).

According to RFC 2109:

   Servers may return a Set-Cookie response headers with any response.
   User agents should send Cookie request headers, subject to other
   rules detailed below, with every request.

IMHO, the ability to do so with Apache is quite useful.  Would this
constitute a bug or a feature the developers chose not to implement?  I
never gave it much thought until I had a specific need to set cookies with
redirects.  I could think of a few instances where it would be useful with
other responses as well.

Thanks again,
Aa.