httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: FW: general/3563: I want to allow the definition and use of macros within runtime configuration files.
Date Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:06:43 GMT
I'm -1 on any further attempts to put a macro language into apache.  We've
already got too much crap in this area.  We are doing nobody any good by
inching our way towards turing completeness.  If that's a feature we want
then just provide an option to spawn m4.  Let's not reinvent the wheel.

If m4 doesn't make you happy, then write a perl script which generates a
config file as its output.

I'd be happy with the Include directive learning how to spawn external
programs.

Dean