httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-site/contributors index.html
Date Sat, 19 Dec 1998 02:08:37 GMT
On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > It would be nice if
> >
> >  1. The images were local
>
> It seems to me that this sort of defeats one of the purposes
> of the Web; namely, not duplicating things all over the place.

I wasn't aware this was one of the purposes of the web.  If it was, it's a
completely misplaced "purpose".  I'm not going to put a reference to
http://www.ilivebehinda300baudmodem.com/bigpicture.gif inside
http://www.megapopularsiteonredundantbandwidth.com/blah.html.  That
defeats the purpose of having reliable bandwidth/machines/servers.

Oh, and mirrors are a pretty good counter example as well.

> So okey, I've made the images local and added dimension
> attributes (ouch!)..

My complaint here is more along the lines of page design... if all the
pictures are different sizes the pages is gonna look like a mess.

Dean