httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Status bug FIX ??
Date Fri, 04 Dec 1998 17:58:00 GMT

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> And since we only use the "server_hostname" of the server_rec
> for "mod_status" I now use the "server_hostname" ptr directly
> in the scoreboard.

That, too, breaks across restart.

Jim committed a fix which works in most cases, but still has a race
condition.  The race condition is when a child is in the middle of serving
a status request when a graceful restart happens, it will start reading
server_rec's from children of the newer generation.

I'll commit something which works this morning.

Dean