httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: what Apache configuration file should/could be
Date Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:56:00 GMT
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Here is a little analysis of the current status of apache configuration
> stuff,  and the area for improvements I can see. And suggestions. This is
> a contribution to the great thinking about version 2, but I think that
> 1.3.5 would be a reasonnable release target... Here I'm focussing on the
> what from the user point of view, not on the how from the developper point
> of view.

Out of curiosity... I recall that back in July, someone said they were
going to be looking into XML as a configuration language for Apache. Did
anything ever happen with that? It certainly seems to me that these sorts
of problems have been solved before. It seems somehow wasteful to solve
them again.