httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: FW: general/3563: I want to allow the definition and use of macros within runtime configuration files.
Date Mon, 21 Dec 1998 23:01:47 GMT
It sounds to me like you are arguing against using m4 for a config
language and in favor of using a different one.  However, none of that
says it needs to be or should be embedded in the server itself.

Sure, if you want to expand Include to do "Include `parsaconfig for me`"
so that you can run parsaconfig to automatically generate this stuff on
the fly, that is ok.  I'm nto sure we really need to do that to the real
config language though.