httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Compression via content negotiation
Date Thu, 03 Dec 1998 18:54:53 GMT
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:

> Erm...
> Yes I am the CTO of the company. Didn't think it was relevant.

I'm not going to continue this any further after this, but that is
bullshit.  "didn't think it was relevant".

Do you always refer to yourself in the third person?  Examples of this
are:

"Since the product was released their server has been getting over
1,000 hits per day and climbing."

It is misleading advertising, pure and simple, to present yourself as an
unrelated third party who just happens to have run into this software.  If
you are associated with the copmany, you need to say so especially if you
refer to yourself in the third person.  This holds on mailing lists, on
Usenet, and in nearly every real life situation anywhere else.

In any case, no need for further discussion since not only is not product
not client independent, but it doesn't solve any of the problems of
negotiation that are being discussed and even if it was perfect, it has
nothing to do with Apache.