httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Compression via content negotiation
Date Thu, 03 Dec 1998 00:32:27 GMT
>> TE is 'transfer-encoding,' BTW.
>
>No it's not... TE is a silly/confusing name for a new header.  See
>draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-xx for whatever xx they're up to these days.

draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt (.ps, .doc)

>Dean
>
>Here's an older version:

Which was completely rewritten for draft 05 because this version was
totally bogus.  I agree that TE is a silly name -- I wanted it to be
in the Connection header where it belongs.  However, TE is definitely
better than sending "Accept-Transfer-Encoding: deflate" on every request.

....Roy