httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Jones <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: 1.3.4 SHOWSTOPPERS (Reminder)
Date Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:43:08 GMT
Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Hi,

Hi :]

> RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:
>
>     * How should an Apache binary release tarball look?

I would vote (if I had a say - I don't :)  to query the install
system to determine type and install according to platform
preference.

On Solaris it would go either under /opt or /usr/local  and
say like on RedHat - it would be shotgun'ed in there with no
rhyme or reason - but prolly under /usr/local, et al...

Under Win32 I would suggest a standard drv:/usr/local
as well - Why?  - Just because...

PS - WinZip version 7+ supports '.tar.gz' files, so ...

:]
-Sneex-
Bill Jones  | FCCJ Webmaster |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster
 http://certserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37E70D5E